Why Do GM-Crafted Legendary Items Sell for 20+ Gold?

The Free People of Middle Earth need you in the fight against the Dark Lord Sauron and his minions. Will you answer the call and join the forces of good in the War of the Ring?

Moderators: Global Moderators, LOTRO Moderators

Why Do GM-Crafted Legendary Items Sell for 20+ Gold?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:55 pm

Syro
Because GM crit success (Mirrored Ancient Steel, Etched Beryl, etc.) on single use recipes is extremely rare; the success rate to make those items is very, very, very low. We should all keep this in mind when requesting and trying to craft GM items for our friends in SSX.

If we have a single use recipe, the required materials to make the item, crit scrolls for the proper craft, and request a GM crafter to make it, then we should expect to receive exactly what the recipe says it will make.

GM crit items are merely a surprise bonus. GM crafters cannot use special crit items on single use recipes to gain a 50+ percent chance to crit, so expect a 20-30 percent chance to crit at the very best. It's a very slim chance to crit a legendary item! The legendary crit item is / will be a total surprise bonus if it happens.

If we really want a particular GM legendary item, then it is best to save the gold and buy one on the AH. Once a person has tried to crit a few GM items for him/herself, he/she will understand why the items sell for 20-30+ gold.

Happy crafting!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 5:59 pm

Ozgafen
Good to know, thanks for the info Syro!!!

Oh, and..... um..... Can I borrow 30 gold?? :D
Ozgafen Level 50 Champion (GM Tailor, GM Prospector & GM Forrester)
Warin Level 49 Guardian (GM Metalsmith, GM Prospector & Tailor)
Runescryer Level 15 Lore Master (GM Scholar, GM Farmer, Weaponsmith)
Nicknack Level 12 Burgler (GM Jeweller, GM Cook, GM Prospector)
Jhona Level 6 Bank/AH Mule. I mean Hunter (what ever woodcrafters do)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:49 pm

Syro
Ozgafen wrote:Oh, and..... um..... Can I borrow 30 gold?? :D
Please read my lips, "N-O!" :eek: :lol:

Return to “Lord of the Rings”