Group website details

For the glory of the Sith Empire! Death to the Republic!

Moderators: Global Moderators, TOR Moderators

Group website details

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:49 pm

M.Steiner
As one of the big projects myself & Anubis have had in development for several months now we are very happy to reveal the launch of our new group site and this time for our highly anticipated group of The Old Republic!

[http://www.shatteredstar.org/groups/tor/]

Like previous group websites of ours this will act as a hub for our SWTOR group and people looking to join us. Here you will find news articles specific to our group and the game itself. This section will cover guild accomplishments, patch notes, group announcements, arranged playtime sessions and things like that.
A joining page which covers who we are, what we're about and what makes us different from other guilds out there. This is all newly written by myself & Anubis and will be a perfect place to link new recruits to before they are invited. - Plus a link to our community forums which they will be asked to register on during the recruitment process.
The site also features a gallery for screenshots taken by members of the group. The gallery is of course using the revamped screenshot system we launched earlier in the week though there are a couple of graphical differences designed with TOR in mind. - It's currently holding a handful of promotional images just so it isn't empty and so you guys can see how it looks but rest assured we'll be adding our own as soon as we can.
-Just to note we can always add new pages to the site in the future too if the need is there. Like the DKP system which we later implemented into our WoW:EU site.

As our main guilds allegiance will be aligned with the Sith our group website has been designed with that theme in mind as you can see. This being said the main page will display the server information for our Republic guild as well however the chances of this being imported are looking unlikely at present.
Also included amongst these rotating images are links to other useful pages such as the history of the Sith, and come launch we'll add a link to the most popular database site for items, skills, quest etc info. Possibly r2-db but we'll see if any others pop up. - More links in this section may be added in time too.

That's not all. As well as launching this site and opening the group forum we have a few new TOR avatars & signature images to make use of too. The avatars can be found in the avatar gallery accessed through the UCP should you fancy using any of them.
The new signature images can be used to link back here from other sites you frequent though as a reminder we do not currently allow them on here. These can be accessed on the media page of our main site.
Feel free to make use of them if and when you want. That's what they're there for.

Last of all many thanks go to Anubis as always for helping with this project. He's been a huge help and if it wasn't for him my template designs wouldn't make it on the net. Especially after all the time & effort he has already spent on moving our site & forums just recently & the other stuff in planning too I can't thank him enough. Tis much appreciated!

Anyway. We hope you all like the new site. Feel free to comment and if you have any issues what so ever please post & let us know. Feedback is most welcome and greatly appreciated.
For the time being happy gaming. Exciting times ahead. ;D
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

Re: The Old Republic group website now online!

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2011 9:36 pm

SSX-Ava
Looks professional as always

Re: Group website launched

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 6:48 pm

M.Steiner
Quick update. One more batch of new avatars.

Image Image Image
Image Image Image

They can be found in the avatar gallery like the others. :thumb:
"My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings:
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair!"
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal wreck, boundless and bare,
The lone and level sands stretch far away.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 7:00 pm

Kon
Must say that I am very impressed with the TOR group site.
"We are the facilitators of our own creative evolution."

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 1:44 am

Cyma
Aye this is definitly quality! Nice job guys!
Huh?

Return to “Star Wars: The Old Republic”